Are you looking for an implant dentist in Mission Viejo? Make sure you get the best one. Follow these tips.
Get your facts straight.
Not all dental clinics offer dental implants. Here are the most common reasons behind this.
• They lack the equipment essential to the procedure.
• They lack the materials essential to the procedure.
• Their doctors lack the know-how and qualification to carry out the procedure.
Let’s focus on the third reason.
There are four types of dental specialists qualified to apply dental implants: Periodontists, Prosthodontists, Oral and maxillofacial surgeons, and those that underwent implant-specific training. The first three are the ones acknowledged by the American Dental Association (ADA) to be implant specialists. Here’s how they came by their acknowledged expertise.
Periodontists and Prosthodontists attend a three-year surgical training program after dental school. Meanwhile, oral and maxillofacial surgeons accomplish a year of anaesthesia training and four years of training after dental school.
Of these four specialists, it’s best to find one that falls under the latter three categories given their expertise and experience on the matter. They’re overqualified for the job after all. Enlisting their expertise will ensure:
• better management of gum disease
• lower risk of issues during and post-procedure
• high-quality aesthetics
Keep these in mind when you search for an implant dentist in Mission Viejo.
Be thorough when you search.
Don’t settle on the first promising implant specialist you come across. Narrow down your potential dental clinics to those that have the four afore-mentioned specialists. Do your homework. Find out as much as you can about dental implants (e.g., how they’re made, how they’re placed, what the procedure entails, etc.). Then, browse their official websites.
Be wary of those whose data and claims go against what you’ve researched. Consider the client reviews up on their page (if there’s any). Find out how long they have been operating, what services they offer aside from implants, and their payment channels. Establishing these information will help you determine the clinic’s—and its dentists’—credibility.
Ask the right questions.
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices to a couple, schedule check-ups with them. Prepare questions to ask yourself, the clinic, and the specialist. Here are some of the inquiries that must be a part of your list.
• What are the office days and hours of the dental specialist? Does their schedule work well with your own?
• Where did the specialist graduate from? Are they currently pursuing additional training?
• What is the specialist’s fee? Are they upfront about their rates and out-of-pocket fees?
• Did the specialist offer an in-depth and understandable explanation of the procedure? Or, did he/she employ a lot of medical terms and refused to explain further?
• Is the clinic a part of your health insurance plan?
• Do they offer emergency services? What types?
• Do they offer 24-hour assistance?
Don’t limit your consultation to asking questions. Take the opportunity to observe the dental clinic during your check-up as well. Is the facility clean, organized, well-lit, and well-ventilated? Are the staff friendly and accommodating? Little things like these say a lot about the facility.
Are you looking for a specialist outside of Mission Viejo? For instance, someone who can help with your dental implants in Orange County? These tips can help you find the best in that area as well.