A dog can be a wonderful addition to any home, but when you also have a natural grass yard, the combination can be a headache. Dogs have a tendency to damage yards, while the hidden dangers of natural grass can be harmful to dogs. Worry no more! Synthetic grass from the best artificial turf installer in Santa Rosa offers a solution for pet owners to enjoy both a beautiful grass and their furry companions.
Benefits of Artificial Grass for Dogs
Maintaining a lush yard with dogs in your home doesn’t have to be an uphill battle when you switch to artificial grass. Some benefits for pet owners are:
- Efficient Drainage – No more stepping on pee puddles or having to deal with bad smells coming from your lawn. Synthetic grass is designed with porous backing that drains away fluids from the surface down to the subsoil, leaving the grass dry and free of urine immediately.
- Easy Clean-up – For solid pet waste, simply pick it up as usual and dispose of. Cleaning up urine, on the other hand, only needs a quick rinse with water and a mild detergent to bring it back to its sanitary state.
- Effortless Potty Training – Most dogs like going to the bathroom on grass. Since realistic synthetic grass in Santa Rosa feels like the real thing, it’s easier to potty train them on synthetic grass than on puppy pads and other alternatives. If you’d like to start training indoors, you can cut out a small strip of artificial grass for their indoor potty place, and easily transition to the yard when your dog is ready.
- Damage-Resistant – Even during regular play, dogs can seriously damage real grass. Aside from digging up holes and uprooting grass, their urine can also cause grass burns, brown spots, and even dead areas on your lawn. In contrast, synthetic grass can withstand a great deal of roughhousing even from the most excitable dog. It stays green and well-manicured no matter how much or how hard your dog plays outside.
- Safer Play Surface – Natural grass contains a lot of things that can be harmful to a dog, such as sharp burrs and twigs, fleas and ticks, and poisonous plants and weeds. None of these is in artificial grass, so you can rest assured that your dog stays safe compared to real grass.
- Non-Toxic – Maintaining real grass often means using harmful chemicals like fertilizers, weedicides, and pesticides to keep the yard alive. These chemicals can be harmful to dogs when they come into contact with it, which can irritate their skin, cause intestinal issues, and other consequences that can warrant a trip to the emergency room. Synthetic grass doesn’t need any of these substances to stay green and lush, thus removing the risk of your dog getting sick from toxins.
Discover the Wonders of Artificial Grass for Dogs
Give your dogs the best place to play in while maintaining a lovely yard with tough artificial grass in Santa Rosa, CA! Get to know this amazing real grass alternative when you schedule an appointment with your local artificial grass installer!