This Thanksgiving, why not give your senior relatives a cataract surgery in Los Angeles just in time for your family reunion? The holidays will be even more special once your loved ones regain their full eyesight, and play with their grandkids all they want. Thanks to advancements in eye care, the cure for failing eyesight has been more accessible than ever.This Thanksgiving, why not give your senior relatives a cataract surgery in Los Angeles just in time for your family reunion? The holidays will be even more special once your loved ones regain their full eyesight, and play with their grandkids all they want. Thanks to advancements in eye care, the cure for failing eyesight has been more accessible than ever.
Thanksgiving is Family Time
Every year, millions of Americans travel across the country to be with their families and loved ones for Thanksgiving. All eyes will be on the roads this season for the holiday rush, as well as the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Black Friday sales the day after.
Moments like these shouldn’t be taken for granted. And your senior relatives, even in their twilight years, shouldn’t be saddled with poor vision and deprived of the chance to see their children and grandchildren with good eyes.
Accessible Eye Care for Everyone
Fortunately, eye care centers are accessible in the Southern California area, which means you need not travel far to get the best care out there. Comprising of cataract surgeons and Lasik surgeons in Los Angeles, the clinic staff can attest to years of ophthalmology experience and operations, and has many financing options available for patients in lieu of cash.
Removing a Cataract
Contrary to popular belief, there is no age ceiling when removing cataracts. Also, the procedure is meticulously carried out, but well worth it in the end.
1. First, if needed, the patient will be given an intraocular lens (IOL), which improves vision by focusing light at the back of the eye. An IOL is usually made of plastic, silicone or acrylic. The doctor and the patient will agree on the type of IOL to be used.
2. At the start of the surgical procedure, eyedrops will be placed to dilate the pupil. Anaesthetics will be administered to numb the area, and sedatives will be given to help the patient relax.
3. The cataract is then removed via either of the following methods:
• Ultrasound probe to break up the lens prior to removal
• Advanced laser technique to take out the lens
• Eye incision to take out the lens all at once
4. The artificial lens is then implanted into the empty lens capsule.
What Happens After
After the cataract surgery, the patient’s vision will begin to improve. At first, colors appear brighter as a result of the new lens. To monitor the progress, a visit to the eye doctor is done a day after the surgery, the following week and a month after. Eye drops and medication will also be recommended to prevent infection.
‘Tis the Season for Seeing
Don’t miss out on the chance to do something extra special for your loved ones. Give them the gift of clear vision, and guaranteed they will be grateful beyond words. For eye problems hounding members of the family, just consult eye clinics offering the best cataract surgery and best laser eye surgery in Los Angeles, and they will make sure that you and your family will have a truly happy Thanksgiving.